We have an amazing new sensory room where all children can explore their senses or go into for a calm space. We have four cupboards in the rooms with a range of toys and activities to stimulate each sense of touch, smell, sight and sound.
Also in the sensory room we have a dark den, light up tubes and table, treasure baskets and a hammock, ensuring the room is suitable for all ages throughout nursery.
The room has many benefits for all children including:
- A multi-sensory room can engage children who can learn through play by following bright lights, pressing buttons to change colours or sounds
- Provides a calming, relaxing, stress-free environment (important for children’s emotional health)
- Aids communication and movement
- Develop new skills for all children especially those with complex needs
- Allow children to discover some or all of the 5 senses: Sight, Touch, Hear, Taste and Smell
- On the outside of the room we have a sensory display board which has useful information gathered by our SENCOS Emma and Ebony when they have attended different workshops such as occupational therapy.